Friday, March 5, 2010

Tiara


The photo was taken on the way to inspect a depot. The kids come rushing out for convoys because gunners often throw candy. The cynical side of me thinks of them as canaries - when the kids don't come out it's time to start looking out.
But I had a rough day and to combat it, I took a pageout of my Mom's book. She has a tiara that she wears around when she wants to feel special. I don't have a tiara, but I do have a VIP Pass. So I clipped it to my uniform and sported it around that evening to dinner. It failed miserably. No extra dessert. No extra lobster tail. No special seat. No one even noticed the badge, though I did get punked out by a Sergeant Major who didn't like my unit patch. He didn't blink at the VIP Badge. Maybe I need the tiara.

No comments:

Post a Comment